The Delaware Vegetation Mapping Blog contains commentary and articles on the production of the Delaware Statewide Vegetation Community/Land Cover Map. The blog contains posts and three permanent sections:
- Watershed Vegetation Community/Land Cover Maps
- Managed Area Reports
- Guides to Delaware Vegetation Communities and Land Covers (below)
Watershed Vegetation Community/Land Cover Maps
There are 63 watersheds in Delaware using the HUC 12 map. It is the goal of Baccharis Consulting LLC to complete a vegetation community/land cover map of Delaware to 2007 aerial imagery and then move on to other aerial imagery sets. The 2007 map will serve as the base map. Watersheds that have been completed are posted in their respective watershed pages, which can be accessed here.
Managed Area Reports
Managed area reports with vegetation community/land cover maps are posted in the managed areas report page. These reports contain maps of managed areas with 2002, 2007, and in recent reports 2012 aerial imagery. They also contain at least historical aerial imagery set, generally 1937 or 1954. These reports were completed while Robert was working for the State of Delaware, but are being updated as new aerial imagery comes out.
Guides to Delaware Vegetation Communities and Land Covers
Below are copies of the most current Guides to Delaware Vegetation Communities and Land Covers. Guides are split into major categories to facilitate downloads. A key to the guides it provided to help you chose which document you need to download.
- Non-vegetated land covers including agricultural field…Coming soon!
- Vegetation community having a tree canopy greater than 60% … Guide to Delaware Forest Communities – Summer 2017
- Vegetation community having a tree canopy of less than 60% …Guide to Delaware Woodland Communities-Summer 2017
- Vegetation community dominated by shrubs, that is not a Coastal Plain pond or maritime …Coming soon!
- Vegetation community found along the Atlantic Strand and immediate Delaware Bayshore …Guide to Delaware Maritime Communities – Spring 2017
- Wetland tidal vegetation community dominated by herbs…Coming soon!
- Wetland non-tidal vegetation community dominated by herbs…Coming soon!
- Altered, modified or planted vegetation community…Coming soon!